Foundation Totai UK (FT) (we) promise to respect any personal data you share with us and keep it safe. We aim to be clear with you about how we will use your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
We collect the minimum amount of personal data to allow us to effectively serve the aims and objectives of FT i.e. to support the work of Fundación Totaí, a non-governmental organisation based in Trinidad-Beni, Bolivia. Fundación Totaí exists to provide free and low-cost services in healthcare, sports and education as a proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
In effect we collect your personal data to
- keep you informed of FT activities through social media, emails, newsletters, etc.
This is your contact details: name, address, telephone numbers and email. This means we may share your contact details with Fundación Totaí staff and volunteers and others directly involved in the support of Fundación Totaí. We may provide your email address to electronic email facilities providers in order to use efficient and effective means of email communications. We will retain the data until you indicate you no longer wish to receive communications.
- support fundraising, administer donations and, where applicable, claim gift-aid monies.
This is your contact details (as above), financial donations and bank account details if you want us to contact your bank/building society. Any personal financial data is only retained in so far as meeting the requirements of gift-aid and accounting administration. The data is only shared with HMRC and remains in the UK. We will retain the data as long as you continue to make donations (and gift-aid requirements).
- assist in any volunteering application you may make.
This data is whatever personal information you provide to support your application to volunteer with Fundación Totaí. This data may be shared with Fundación Totaí staff and volunteers and others directly involved in the support of Fundación Totaí. We will retain the data for the period of voluntary activity plus 2 years (to allow us to report on it) or until you ask us to destroy it.
- comply with UK laws, regulations and good practice.
For example, data may be used to carry out checks in accordance with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme.
We will only ever collect and share your data in other circumstances if we have your explicit and informed consent.
Your Protection – What we do
We ensure that there are appropriate physical and technical controls in place to protect your personal details. This means records will be protected from unauthorised access and data held on computers and peripheral equipment will be protected to an acceptable standard as required by the Information Commissioner’s Office. Any personal data shared with Fundación Totaí staff and volunteers and others directly involved in the support of Fundación Totaí outside of the UK will be encrypted. We periodically review these provisions.
Your protection – What we don’t do
- We don’t collect, store or analyse data related to your visits to our website. You control what cookies you accept when visiting our website. Please review your computer browser for details on how to control these.
- We don’t share your personal data with any organisation other than those stated above (i.e. with Fundación Totaí staff and volunteers, others directly involved in the support of Fundación Totaí and email providers).
- We don’t use external agencies to analyse your web activity or in any way seek to profile your activity for any fundraising advantage or other purpose.
- We don’t use publicly available sources to keep your records up to date; for example, the Post Office’s National Change of Address database. We really appreciate it if you let us know if your contact details change.
You have a right to ask us to stop processing your personal data. If it’s not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us for (e.g. processing your gift-aid donation with HMRC) we will do so. Call us on 01355 702234 or email email@example.com if you have any concerns.
You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. If there are any discrepancies in the information we provide, please let us know and we will correct them.
If you want to access your information, send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity by post to A Fergusson, 6 Strathblane Drive, Hairmyres, East Kilbride G75 8GA. We do not accept these requests by email to ensure we only provide personal data to the right person.
If you have any questions, please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org For further information see the Information Commissioner’s guidance here (link is external).
Changes to this policy